Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22

Thread: Austin Racing

  1. #1
    Baby Twin jennozx10r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Near York
    Posts
    18

    Austin Racing

    Hi,

    Has anyone on here got one of Austin Racing's GP style pipes fitted to their RSV4's yet They look the nuts. I just wondered if they sound as loud in the flesh as they do on Youtube.

    Cheers Rich

  2. #2
    amb67
    Guest
    Rich,

    Is this any good to you - Click Me

    Sounds awesome mate.


    Quote Originally Posted by jennozx10r View Post
    Hi,

    Has anyone on here got one of Austin Racing's GP style pipes fitted to their RSV4's yet They look the nuts. I just wondered if they sound as loud in the flesh as they do on Youtube.

    Cheers Rich

  3. #3
    Baby Twin jennozx10r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Near York
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by amb67 View Post
    Rich,

    Is this any good to you - Click Me

    Sounds awesome mate.
    Cheers mate, I have seen and heard that one, and the fly past on Youtube. I just really wanted to know if anyone had actually bought one to see what they thought. Apparently without the baffle in its 108db that is bloody loud

  4. #4
    RSV4-Andy
    Guest

    Factory with Austin Can

    Ordered one last week so I will let you know as soon as it arrives. RSV4's aren't exactly quiet with standard can on so am expecting to be deaf within a week when I run without db killer

  5. #5
    RSV4-Andy
    Guest

    RSV4 with Austin Racing can

    Wow!!! Sound awesome and they are a work of art, real top quality. Don't think police over here in Blighty will like me too much running without db killer but what the hell you only live once.

    Andy

  6. #6
    RSV4-Andy
    Guest

    Austin Can

    Well just got back from first propper ride out with Austin can on and the exhaust note is just adictive, thats with db killer in. 5 hrs of riding and just didn't wanna come home. Major benefit is car drivers can hear you before you get there so are on the look out for you, which makes a huge change especially round by where I live normally they just cut you up.
    Cheers Austin Racing for producing an awesome exhaust for an awesome bike.

  7. #7
    jwer
    Guest
    video please....!

  8. #8
    RSV4-Andy
    Guest

    Austin Exhaust Can

    It does not matter how many times the exhaust is vidoe'd of which there are a few on you tube, nothing prepares you for the sound of this exhaust in the flesh.
    Video's just don't do the exhaust any justice what so ever, until heard in the flesh anyone could state it is over rated, 27 years of riding says this is one of the best sounding exhausts on the market.
    And just for anyone thinking I have any connection with Austin Racing, I don't I bought one of their exhausts through eBay and would not think twice about utilising their services again. you get a superb sounding quality product that is a credit to them.

  9. #9
    jwer
    Guest
    here we go, best i've found so far...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pclo3596iW0

  10. #10

  11. #11
    Baby Twin
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    13
    Has anyone had an austin on the dyno ? I had a similar can on a different bike , had all the right sounds but gave me a hole in the map bigger than the grand canyon resulting in a loss of power. I want one but not at the expensive of performance

  12. #12
    spoonz
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mojo1664 View Post
    Has anyone had an austin on the dyno ? I had a similar can on a different bike , had all the right sounds but gave me a hole in the map bigger than the grand canyon resulting in a loss of power. I want one but not at the expensive of performance
    You might also want to consider how long any gains if there are any last.
    112db today might be 118db in a months time.

    A can that small will have a fairly short packing life i would think. The moment the packing deteriorates the power does too.
    The design seems fairly generic too. I've seem at least 3 or 4 out there that look "somewhat" similar.
    Who copied who i'm not sure.

    There is a guy on Af1 running in the Australian superbike class on a v4. They tried loads of cans and now race the oem unit which gave the best power over the best period of time.
    shame it's not the best of lookers though.

  13. #13
    Baby Twin
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by spoonz View Post
    You might also want to consider how long any gains if there are any last.
    112db today might be 118db in a months time.

    A can that small will have a fairly short packing life i would think. The moment the packing deteriorates the power does too.
    The design seems fairly generic too. I've seem at least 3 or 4 out there that look "somewhat" similar.
    Who copied who i'm not sure.

    There is a guy on Af1 running in the Australian superbike class on a v4. They tried loads of cans and now race the oem unit which gave the best power over the best period of time.
    shame it's not the best of lookers though.
    Cheers for that I might give it a stab and see , I love the look of it . The Aki might be the best bet for power and reliability . Austin are supplying a british superstock team next yr so there might be some worth in it yet.

  14. #14
    RSV4-Andy
    Guest

    Austin Pipe

    Austin Racing did dyno their bike and it showed a 5bhp increase on the stock can. You certainly can't feel any loss in power as mentioned in earlier thread, done 500 miles with Austin can now and just love it.

  15. #15
    spoonz
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RSV4-Andy View Post
    Austin Racing did dyno their bike and it showed a 5bhp increase on the stock can. You certainly can't feel any loss in power as mentioned in earlier thread, done 500 miles with Austin can now and just love it.
    As with anything the devil is in the detail. Quality packing lasts much longer.
    I've not seen an Austin pipe in the flesh to say what the quality in general is like.

    I have seen a Leo Vince pipe destroy it's packing and the carbon shell in a very few thousand miles.
    If you go the Carbon can route it pays to keep an eye on the shell for signs of hot spots which will be the first sign of the packing having blown out.

    Being a V4 it may be a little more forgiving in terms of exhaust pulses than the twins are.

  16. #16
    RSV4-Andy
    Guest

    Austin Pipe

    Cheers spoonz,
    will keep an eye out.
    Just to let you know Austin Racing are currently working with Dynojet Uk on the power commander 5 and their own full race system for RSV4 which will be run in Bristish Superstock next year.
    After reading info on another site Austin and dyno should be testing again on the 21st dec.
    I have been riding for years and after initial inspection of the Austin can it is propper quality that would rival many of the big exhaust manufacturers out there. Time will only tell but I for one am well happy with my purchase.

  17. #17
    Baby Twin
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    13
    Sold , I'll pick one up and get if fitted . Think i'm going to wait for the full system in the new yr and back to brands , hoofing.

    Cheers bud

  18. #18
    Baby Twin
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    13
    Thanks for the update , looking forward to having one , must sound like a bitch over this but had a bad experience with the racefit on my old gixer ended up having to change the whole can and remapping, cost an arm and a leg . Need to get it right straight off the bat , need the bike out on the track n road not in the shop sorting the map

  19. #19
    Rich22
    Guest
    Yep that is why we do so much research and Dyno work on these pipes, we want it right with no bullshit just accurate info and figures.

    cheers

  20. #20
    Baby Twin
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    13
    Thanks , on another subject when are the price listing for the rear sets out and am I able to buy the levers individually i.e one long and one stubby ??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Discussions

  1. Austin racing carbon air duct covers
    By dave rsv4 in forum Aprilia RSV4
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: February 11th, 2011, 10:57 AM
  2. NEWBIE: Austin racing
    By kpl.v4 in forum Aprilia RSV4
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: January 22nd, 2010, 09:31 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •