Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 75

Thread: a worrying find

  1. #41
    Baby Twin
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    portsmouth
    Posts
    13
    i spoke to will from ftr ohlins suspension he sent me email the exact wording said ,this is a common issue .aprilia refused to authorise a re-design by ohlins to stop this problem from happening .ohlins have been campainging for years to get this changed
    if you look on ftr suspensions site may be its me but the look like they deal with ohlins o dazzer they are offical ohlins technicians not cowboys im not a liar been trying to help here but all you seem to do is get slaged off, ive taken my forks to an aprilia main dealer who has told me that that is more than over tightning but what am i some one who does not no a thing

  2. #42
    Superbike Twin
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    120
    Doesn't say anything about them being official Ohlins trained technicians other than that they are official Ohlins importers with a direct link to Sweden. I'll stick with someone I trust and has been proved right on countless Aprilia problems / issues in the past. Zubes I know you meant well my last post's where more geared to that bell end supplying links that actually back up SPOOKY. Everyone is entitled to there opinion whether it be right or wrong, I but I refer my right to argue the toss coz I'm an angry cunt

  3. #43
    Baby Twin
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    portsmouth
    Posts
    13
    may be if you have this problem you should ring your nearest dealer and tell them as i have and aprilia uk are looking into this as they no the problem my dealer has had forks repaired for free befor with no charge ive lokked into this a big way befor putting on here so try not to look like a twat what i have said is what i have been told and i think i beleave ftr suspension and my main dealer may be there is a problem with over tightnig but my forks have gone ferther than that i cant post a pic as not got one but take it from me one fork is realy bad

  4. #44
    Superbike Twin
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    120
    I don't have a problem, I got a showlins conversion done by griff at AP performance

  5. #45
    Baby Twin ADZED's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    25

  6. #46
    Superbike Twin
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    120
    Quote Originally Posted by ADZED View Post
    Hope that's toffee popcorn mate

  7. #47
    Baby Twin xpanco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Tamworth
    Posts
    73
    Guys lets chill out
    There's obvious a issue with the forks pinch bolts...either overthigh or bad material

    No matter what BRAND is...there always will come across with some kind issues

  8. #48
    Baby Twin ADZED's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by DAZZER View Post
    Hope that's toffee popcorn mate
    Salty mate.... goes better with beer!

  9. #49
    Superbike Twin
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    120
    Haha

  10. #50
    Evil Twin theruck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Slovakia
    Posts
    472
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Ali View Post
    Your not really backing your arguement up there.

    2 of the links point to forks which were issued a recall and the 1 from af1 is down to overtightening actually backing up spooks' arguement.

    I dont think you can claim a company such as ohlins has an inferior build quality.

    As i previously said the haynes manual i have quotes the incorrect torque setting, i think ignorance is to blame in most cases, no one intentionally overtorques the bolts and i bet many qualified and experience bike mechanics have done it.

    If you can find evidence that they have cracked whilst under the correct torque (and not issued a recall) then you can ram it down everyones throats
    and you think a recall is made because of superb manufacturing or because of users overtightening bolts? a recall means that there is something wrong out of the factory. why there newer was a recall for aprilia fork bottoms from ohlins i do not know (aprilia does not recall an keeps manufacturing usually) but i showed you that there are plenty of cases dealing with simillar issues and you all just argue that you heard or think that the reason for this is overtightening. obviously it is not because of the recalls and because showas do not crack so it is no common sense that an overtight can crack your fork bottom. whatever a boyfriend of dazzer told

  11. #51
    Evil Twin theruck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Slovakia
    Posts
    472
    Quote Originally Posted by DAZZER View Post
    Kurva curak read SPOOKY'S post correctly, he has it from an Ohlins technician which your obviously not, even you links back up SPOOKY as just stated. So us us all a favour and keep you bollocks talk to yourself
    keep up the good work. you now can curse a bit in czech language. it may come handy if you meet somebody from czech republic. back to school and ask for geography teacher, lamer.

  12. #52
    Evil Twin
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Northallerton
    Posts
    366
    Quote Originally Posted by theruck View Post
    and you think a recall is made because of superb manufacturing or because of users overtightening bolts? a recall means that there is something wrong out of the factory. why there newer was a recall for aprilia fork bottoms from ohlins i do not know (aprilia does not recall an keeps manufacturing usually) but i showed you that there are plenty of cases dealing with simillar issues and you all just argue that you heard or think that the reason for this is overtightening. obviously it is not because of the recalls and because showas do not crack so it is no common sense that an overtight can crack your fork bottom. whatever a boyfriend of dazzer told
    A recall is when there is a fault with a product. Mine havent been recalled thats because they give a torque setting and expect ppl to use it. If there was a fault they would have been recalled.

    Look back at ure af1 link.... in fact tell you what go on af1 and start a thread, show a cracked fork stem photo as per this thread and then ask what causes and see what answer you get.

    Then come back and be man enough to admit you are wrong.

  13. #53
    Superbike Twin
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    120
    Eh Dick head (theruck) you fucking tit, catch a plane over here I'll gladly meet up with ya and stick a fucking cracked ohlins fork up your fucking arse after I've beaten the shit out of ya with it you fucking pikey twat. As for the lauguage all you pikey twats speak the same shit!
    P.s do us a favour remove your bike pics as that piece of shit is offensive. Note to admin please feel free to delete me so I don't have to read this scumbags bollocks posts

  14. #54
    Baby Twin ADZED's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    25
    That's it Daz..... softly softly!

  15. #55
    Baby Twin SPOOKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by zubes247 View Post
    i spoke to will from ftr ohlins suspension he sent me email the exact wording said ,this is a common issue .aprilia refused to authorise a re-design by ohlins to stop this problem from happening .ohlins have been campainging for years to get this changed
    if you look on ftr suspensions site may be its me but the look like they deal with ohlins o dazzer they are offical ohlins technicians not cowboys im not a liar been trying to help here but all you seem to do is get slaged off, ive taken my forks to an aprilia main dealer who has told me that that is more than over tightning but what am i some one who does not no a thing
    Zubes, I hope you get your forks sorted by the Aprilia dealer, I really do but something just doesn't add up. I can understand if Aprillia refused to authorise a redesign with new bikes still under warranty as the design will be probably licensed to them though Ohlins, much like their design of their OZ copies but why haven't Ohlins done their own redesign if they have "been campaining for years" .
    All seven sets of forks I have had repaired where through an Ohlins Service Centre (Kais), nothing to do with Aprillia, and every fork clamp that has been replaced is the same part as supplied to Aprilia factory for new builds. If Ohlins thought there was a problem it would be piss easy for them to redesign the clamps with a thicker casting that would not even look so much different than the original. I still honestly believe it's the overtightening of the bolts which are causing the fractures.

    One last point I would like to make is that if there was a problem, whether Ohlins or Aprillia, why the hell have both manufactures agreed to supply and fit exactly the same fork design to the flagship RSV4 ??

    Laters

    SPOOKY
    Last edited by SPOOKY; February 8th, 2013 at 08:24 AM.

  16. #56
    Baby Twin kawasakiinit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    28
    HEY SPOOKS

    As you know this happened to my bike so i took your advice and got Adam to rebuild my engine and then repair my ohlins forks . got to say mate adam is indeed a monkey of the highest order .

    oh and daz SHUT UP !!! ;-)..





  17. #57
    Superbike Twin
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    120
    Hello buddy, soz bud

  18. #58
    Baby Twin ADZED's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    25
    I remember having thaf pic taken Dave!

  19. #59
    pat
    pat is offline
    Evil Twin pat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Inveraray,Argyll
    Posts
    474
    this is getting out of hand,can't you agree to disagree,the fault is caused by overtighting of the pinch bolts,

  20. #60
    One Liter Duc Eater nikfubar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Always pissin down with rain Sussex
    Posts
    663
    I've had my 04 RSVR from new, I only get through 1 set of tyres a year but I don't let anyone else work on my bike & take loose wheels in for tyre changes (8 so far) done track days, wheelies & stoppies, fast road etc & my Ohlins aint cracked but I always re-fit the wheel as I described earlier. Does this say something or am I just lucky yeah it does, don't over tighten the pinch bolts.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Discussions

  1. Anyone know where i can find this in the uk
    By cheesy in forum Aprilia RSVR
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: March 13th, 2009, 01:28 PM
  2. Anyone know where i can find this in the uk
    By cheesy in forum Aprilia RSVR
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: March 2nd, 2009, 01:54 PM
  3. An ebay find for the 04 and beyond...
    By caterpillar in forum Classifieds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: June 5th, 2008, 02:58 PM
  4. Worrying moments!!!
    By rsvnelly in forum Aprilia RSVR
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: May 24th, 2008, 04:59 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •