Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 61 to 79 of 79

Thread: Renegade high mount system: Anyone got one? I just bought one!!!

  1. #61
    little1uk
    Guest
    If ya go to the bit where i put the video on and look at the picture you will see that i totally moved my indicators and put my tax disc there too
    Noise is awesome tho en it mate

  2. #62
    AMA Pit Boss rs3 mille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    london
    Posts
    2,585
    yes mate you will find it will run better with the chip mine felt underpowered with the normal chip in(felt flat low down) also i drilled my subframe all the way through put a long bolt with two nuts on the end because of the vibrations it ripped my original threads out of the frame no problem now though
    also my indicators are integral with my l.e.d s but be aware if breaking you cant really see the indicators but hey ho who fooking cares
    looks cool.............

    forgot there is about 4mm gap on mine near the batt box make sure it doesn't touch have been none to melt.... just put a couple of washers on to bring the pipes down slightly
    Last edited by rs3 mille; May 13th, 2008 at 10:52 AM.

  3. #63
    One Liter Duc Eater RSV_Ecosse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Falkirk, Scotland
    Posts
    685
    Quote Originally Posted by rs3 mille View Post
    yes mate you will find it will run better with the chip mine felt underpowered with the normal chip in(felt flat low down) also i drilled my subframe all the way through put a long bolt with two nuts on the end because of the vibrations it ripped my original threads out of the frame no problem now though
    also my indicators are integral with my l.e.d s but be aware if breaking you cant really see the indicators but hey ho who fooking cares
    looks cool.............

    forgot there is about 4mm gap on mine near the batt box make sure it doesn't touch have been none to melt.... just put a couple of washers on to bring the pipes down slightly
    Thanks m8, yeah, will bung the chip in tomorrow and take a run up to Knockhill to see about getting it Dyno'd.

    Good point about the battery box. On the left side, I used slightly less washers to space the can and hanger as it was proving impossible to get the threads on the bolt to catch. Will add a few washers tomorrow to bring it down a few mm. Ta for the tip.

    Quote Originally Posted by hottrout View Post
    Maybe hes busy with the wife again ..... and I quote

    "my wife can hear me coming on a still day, thats nearly a mile and a half away"

    Sorry, couldnt resist that one, there are way too many double meanings in this thread.
    Just re-read through the thread and spotted that......peed maself laffing at it, so did the missus!!!.

  4. #64
    BIG UN
    Guest
    they look effin awesome gaz,sounded a pain to fit,i prefer a quick bolt on jobby lol.
    but they finish your luvly bike off a treat mate.
    cant wait for the video!!!

  5. #65
    AMA Pit Boss supertedlover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Lincolnshire
    Posts
    2,903
    am with big un they look well trick, I WANT SOME.

  6. #66
    One Liter Duc Eater RSV_Ecosse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Falkirk, Scotland
    Posts
    685
    Cheers m8.

    Another slight issue I had today whilst out for a blat was trying to keep my right boot on the footpeg?. Slid off a few times, but I guess that's something you just adjust for over time until you get used to the Rene's?.

  7. #67
    AMA Pit Boss rs3 mille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    london
    Posts
    2,585
    Quote Originally Posted by RSV_Ecosse View Post
    Cheers m8.

    Another slight issue I had today whilst out for a blat was trying to keep my right boot on the footpeg?. Slid off a few times, but I guess that's something you just adjust for over time until you get used to the Rene's?.
    thats the reason i didn't put rearsets on
    yours look like the normal rene's and not the competition ones?

  8. #68
    One Liter Duc Eater RSV_Ecosse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Falkirk, Scotland
    Posts
    685
    Quote Originally Posted by rs3 mille View Post
    thats the reason i didn't put rearsets on
    yours look like the normal rene's and not the competition ones?
    No idea m8, is there a difference between normal Rene's and Comp ones?.

    Not got any rearsets on either, just standard pegs with carbon heelplates.

    I figure I will get used to it, but wanted to check with you veteran Renegade owners!!!

  9. #69
    AMA Pit Boss rs3 mille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    london
    Posts
    2,585
    Quote Originally Posted by RSV_Ecosse View Post
    No idea m8, is there a difference between normal Rene's and Comp ones?.

    Not got any rearsets on either, just standard pegs with carbon heelplates.

    I figure I will get used to it, but wanted to check with you veteran Renegade owners!!!

    mine were stamped 'competition use only' are oval and come with no removable baffles and are bigger cans same as you lucky with e bay check your chip if it is a renegade race chip it will rev out at 11500

  10. #70
    One Liter Duc Eater RSV_Ecosse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Falkirk, Scotland
    Posts
    685
    No stamps here m8, the baffles have BS marks stamped into them although I have no intention of fitting them.

    The chip I have is not a Renegade one, its a RHEIN TECHNIK one that I have heard a few folk say are rubbish and a few folk say are pretty good.

    Will swap it out for the standard chip tomorrow or Thursday depending on what time I have spare.

  11. #71
    B o B
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RSV_Ecosse View Post
    I found them a bit of a bitch to fit. Getting the bolts up into where the bungee hook/bobbin thingies were was a bit of a nightmare. The hanger straps were just so springy that actually getting the bolts to catch the thread was a pain.
    I think we all have that problem. Just don't take 'em off too often.

    Quote Originally Posted by RSV_ECOSSE View Post
    Also, the link pipe that runs under the battery box. The heatshield on it is very slightly touching the underside of the battery box.
    I bought some heat reflective tape to stick on the outerside of the battery box. As it's silver it doesn't look too bad. you don't even notice it either. Unfortunately, you can't get away with the stuff from DIY places as that's just like bubble wrap. You need to get some from specialist suppliers. Nice and cheap but the wife (mine) was still at home when it was delivered. I'm sure you know what I mean.

    Quote Originally Posted by RSV_ECOSSE View Post
    How tight was it to get the indicators connected up??!!!. Not much room for error there!!.
    The position I've got my indicators in was the extreme extent of the existing cable. Anywhere else and I would have had to put in an extention.

    The issue of your right foot, it's something you have to get used to. After 2 months now It's still peeing me off. So much so I'm seriously thinking of ditching the system and reverting back to the original one.

  12. #72
    Baby Twin
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    England
    Posts
    23
    RSV_ecosse. Have you got used to the right foot position now?I have fitted some today and know what you mean. Have tried to look for some longer and /or lower pegs but no luck there.
    Regards John.

  13. #73
    Baby Twin nickterrot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    london, United Kingdom
    Posts
    67
    I just bought one of these myself. Bit of luck really. Stopped at the Abergavenny bus stop for a cig while on the Chepstow-Abergavenny ride. A chap with a gen 1 had one on his.. He mentioned he may be selling it so I gave him my number with strict instruction to ring me first. He did a couple of months later and they arrived a couple weeks ago. Got the system and cans for a song 200 inc delivery

  14. #74
    One Liter Duc Eater RSV_Ecosse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Falkirk, Scotland
    Posts
    685
    Quote Originally Posted by Pope227 View Post
    RSV_ecosse. Have you got used to the right foot position now?I have fitted some today and know what you mean. Have tried to look for some longer and /or lower pegs but no luck there.
    Regards John.
    Yeah, I'm used to it now m8. Still slips off on a few rare occasions now and again though. Willing to put up with it to be honest!

  15. #75
    Baby Twin
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    England
    Posts
    23
    I found some lower pegs on eBay 30mm drop. Best bit is the set the peg out slightly so my foot sits more on the peg rather than the end. Also drops my size 12s so the heat sheild is in the right place

  16. #76
    AMA Pit Boss redratbike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Modding collectors in kent
    Posts
    2,978
    Quote Originally Posted by nickterrot View Post
    I just bought one of these myself. Bit of luck really. Stopped at the Abergavenny bus stop for a cig while on the Chepstow-Abergavenny ride. A chap with a gen 1 had one on his.. He mentioned he may be selling it so I gave him my number with strict instruction to ring me first. He did a couple of months later and they arrived a couple weeks ago. Got the system and cans for a song 200 inc delivery
    There seem to be less and less about these days ..I know a company making a copy of these

    There's a set on ebay now ..so key fro pm rsvr.net is selling them

  17. #77
    One Liter Duc Eater RSV_Ecosse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Falkirk, Scotland
    Posts
    685
    Quote Originally Posted by Pope227 View Post
    I found some lower pegs on eBay 30mm drop. Best bit is the set the peg out slightly so my foot sits more on the peg rather than the end. Also drops my size 12s so the heat sheild is in the right place
    Interesting. Got a link to those on eBay m8?

  18. #78
    Baby Twin
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    England
    Posts
    23
    Can' seem to get it to link. In eBay type in Aprilia adjustable footpegs 1998. They are made by M factory and different extension lengths available. I went for 25 mm and think they are about right. Too long and I think there would be issues with the brake reach.

  19. #79
    One Liter Duc Eater RSV_Ecosse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Falkirk, Scotland
    Posts
    685
    Nice one, cheers. I'll have a look.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Similar Discussions

  1. Devil High Mount Cans and All Fittings
    By alien.46.uk in forum Classifieds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: March 11th, 2012, 10:11 AM
  2. Arrow High Mount Twin Pipe System & Chip!
    By innovativems in forum Classifieds
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: October 2nd, 2011, 05:54 PM
  3. high mount exhaust
    By advocatt in forum Aprilia RSV4
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: June 6th, 2011, 08:44 AM
  4. Looking for twin high mount - swapsies!!
    By OZMILLE in forum Want to Buy
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: August 24th, 2009, 02:02 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: August 16th, 2009, 10:48 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •