Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Datatool System 3

  1. #1
    Evil Twin stefano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Hastings, East Sussex
    Posts
    398

    Datatool System 3

    Does anyone use this system? And has anyone had any trouble with it? My garage is claiming my bike's breakdown is due to this alarm which is prone to malfunction when wet.
    Help please!

  2. #2
    One Liter Duc Eater sergi75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    SW LONDON
    Posts
    616
    I have datatool but not sure whether 2 or 3. All I can say is that I haven't had any problems at all. I've ridden the bike in pouring rain for hours and again no problem. Only issue I had was in the alps where they have some kind of wave emissors (maybe mobile telephone) which block the signal. In those cases, you will need to push the bike away for 100m aprox and it will work again. Good luck

  3. #3
    Superbike Twin Rawly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Sunderland
    Posts
    142
    Had a few problems with Alarms , have to say i'm not a big fan . Don't think Datatool is any worse than others but alarms tend to get the blame when things go wrong . I ended taking a datatool 3 off my Kwak after getting stranded more than once , so only way to know is try it without for a while but beware insurance will go up, if they did discount in first place that is .

    Rawly

  4. #4
    carbon kid
    Guest
    I have had Datatools, 2 and 3. not too many probs, but it did blow a fuse(the tiny car stylee half size ones, that are hidden about the bike. I always takea spare now. Also if the batts in the bleeper run out yer stranded. WQished I had put a Meta on.
    Still mine works OK and gets me an insurance discount.
    Ck
    PS where is your mounted? is it in the space under pillion seet? mebbe thats why its getting a soaking? 1900 miles in rain last yeqar and the alarm was fine.

  5. #5
    danf1234
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by carbon kid View Post
    I have had Datatools, 2 and 3. not too many probs, but it did blow a fuse(the tiny car stylee half size ones, that are hidden about the bike. I always takea spare now. Also if the batts in the bleeper run out yer stranded. WQished I had put a Meta on.
    Still mine works OK and gets me an insurance discount.
    Ck
    PS where is your mounted? is it in the space under pillion seet? mebbe thats why its getting a soaking? 1900 miles in rain last yeqar and the alarm was fine.
    I took a Datatool system 3 off mine because it went tits up and the bike wouldn't start.

    I paid to have a Meta system 3 professionally fitted and it has behaved perfect ever since.

  6. #6
    One Liter Duc Eater sergi75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    SW LONDON
    Posts
    616
    Regarding insurance. My insurance didn't give me any discount for the alarm. It gave me a good reduction for the datatag and I had to send them the docs proving it was under my name (bought the bike 2nd hand). I am with H&R. Are you after the alarm for security or to get a reduction on your insurance? If it's the last one, I would datatag it first.
    Brgds

  7. #7
    BIG UN
    Guest
    aaargh i hate alarms and immobilisers,
    every bike ive had,theyve fookd the battery or started acting up and refused to start the bike in the middle of know where.
    my last bike came with one fitted and i paid to have it removed.
    thankfully this one doesnt have one and its staying that way.
    just personal preference,but i know she'll start everytime.
    these bikeys have enough electrical gremlins for me without adding to em lol.
    i never leave my bike anyway,shes never out of my sight after my r1 got nicked,which incidentaly,had a top alarm/immobiliser,disc lock,and chain through the swingarm and back wheel.
    dint stop em lifting it into a van while i was in jd sports for 15mins.
    Last edited by BIG UN; June 27th, 2008 at 11:29 AM.

  8. #8
    Evil Twin Spydz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Pontefract, West Yorkshire, UK
    Posts
    342
    Quote Originally Posted by sergi75 View Post
    Regarding insurance. My insurance didn't give me any discount for the alarm. It gave me a good reduction for the datatag and I had to send them the docs proving it was under my name (bought the bike 2nd hand). I am with H&R. Are you after the alarm for security or to get a reduction on your insurance? If it's the last one, I would datatag it first.
    Brgds

    I'm wi H and R and they gave me a discount for having a DT3 alarm fitted (proof Req)

    Also i have done some digging about this subject and spoke to a few fellow rsvzone pals.

    The datatool 3 alarm can be fitted 2 ways, the right way and (you guessed it) the wrong way.

    The wrong way is when its wired into the immob system wrong. This causes the bike to randomly cut out in mid flight and then after a few mins and foot tapping it will start and you can ride again.

    Now the right way, the alarm works perfectly fine (hence the right way ^^ )


    People with DT3 alarms and havent had any issues at all include Sprocker and Little1uk that i know of. am sure there is plenty more out there and plenty who have had them fitted wrongly.


    Little1 pls correct me if am wrong.

    Spydler

  9. #9
    One Liter Duc Eater sergi75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    SW LONDON
    Posts
    616
    Quote Originally Posted by Spydz View Post
    I'm wi H and R and they gave me a discount for having a DT3 alarm fitted (proof Req)

    Also i have done some digging about this subject and spoke to a few fellow rsvzone pals.

    The datatool 3 alarm can be fitted 2 ways, the right way and (you guessed it) the wrong way.

    The wrong way is when its wired into the immob system wrong. This causes the bike to randomly cut out in mid flight and then after a few mins and foot tapping it will start and you can ride again.

    Now the right way, the alarm works perfectly fine (hence the right way ^^ )


    People with DT3 alarms and havent had any issues at all include Sprocker and Little1uk that i know of. am sure there is plenty more out there and plenty who have had them fitted wrongly.


    Little1 pls correct me if am wrong.

    Spydler
    When I contract my insurance I did tell them I had datatool alarm and the bike was datataged and the price was given taking these into account. Once the contract was formalized, they asked me for both doc of datatool and datataged to validate the details I'd given them. The previous owner just gave me the datatag doc so I can put it under my name but never gave me the docs of datatool which was professionally installed. When I told my insurance they told me that I didn't need to send the docs of the datatool as it would not make any difference to the price, only the datatag docs. I can only guess that if you have only alarm it makes a difference than having nothing at all but if you have the bike datatag, it provides you with a bigger reduction than with any alarm. Just a thought

  10. #10
    little1uk
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Spydz View Post


    People with DT3 alarms and havent had any issues at all include Sprocker and Little1uk that i know of. am sure there is plenty more out there and plenty who have had them fitted wrongly.


    Little1 pls correct me if am wrong.

    Spydler
    Never had a problem with it cuttin out or not startin, only problem i had which was self done is when my lad was hosing it down and water got in, no problem with startin but the alarm kept goin off durin the night, so to stop the neighbours killing me i used a hair dryer to dry it out, took about 20 mins i hose the back end now and he does the front and sides

Similar Discussions

  1. Datatool System 3 removal?
    By Moggi in forum Aprilia RSVR
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: March 24th, 2011, 05:04 AM
  2. datatool system 3 FOB
    By Dakar in forum Want to Buy
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: November 3rd, 2009, 06:30 AM
  3. datatool system 3....help
    By jonno in forum Aprilia RSVR
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: July 22nd, 2009, 02:41 AM
  4. Datatool 3
    By sergi75 in forum Aprilia RSVR
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: December 26th, 2008, 01:23 PM
  5. Help!! Datatool S4
    By Raul in forum Aprilia RSVR
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: October 25th, 2007, 10:29 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •