Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: You know you are having a good day when...

  1. #1
    Superbike Twin frecheness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Posts
    143

    Talking You know you are having a good day when...

    So i got that laser eye surgery and did a follow up appointment yesterday and was cleared at seeing 20/15 both eyes. Feeling good, so i start the Aprilia and scare all the little kids going to school near me, they start waving and screaming cheers to me. Man i am having a great day right! what could go wrong!

    Jump on the Autobahn hit 2nd and then 3rd gear look down doing 140 KPH easy, when i realize i need to get around this truck and change lanes. So i grab for the clutch lever to slow down and down shift.

    THERE WASN'T A LEVER TO GRAB!!!!!! (think about that for a tic)

    So all i could do was laugh and pull over to the side of the road and i had to firmly down change gears with no lever....ouch

    Got to a redlight in Neutral and then pushed the bike on the sidewalk to a parking lot and had a BMW dealership technical guy give me an old lever to get me home! I will say that Germany is getting pricey but at least bike talk and honor here is still priceless.

    Plus the wife never found out about my issue, so there were no fireworks with her!

  2. #2
    AMA Pit Boss
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Shoeburyness, Essex
    Posts
    2,338
    I'm reminded of an old Kenny Rogers song......."You picked a fine time to leave me loose lever"

  3. #3
    Baby Twin
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    18
    oh crap!

    That's dangerous, annoying and funny as hell!

  4. #4
    Superbike Twin Rage Rider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Southampton, UK.
    Posts
    166
    Quote Originally Posted by frecheness View Post
    So i got that laser eye surgery and did a follow up appointment yesterday and was cleared at seeing 20/15 both eyes. Feeling good, so i start the Aprilia and scare all the little kids going to school near me, they start waving and screaming cheers to me. Man i am having a great day right! what could go wrong!

    Jump on the Autobahn hit 2nd and then 3rd gear look down doing 140 KPH easy, when i realize i need to get around this truck and change lanes. So i grab for the clutch lever to slow down and down shift.

    THERE WASN'T A LEVER TO GRAB!!!!!! (think about that for a tic)

    So all i could do was laugh and pull over to the side of the road and i had to firmly down change gears with no lever....ouch

    Got to a redlight in Neutral and then pushed the bike on the sidewalk to a parking lot and had a BMW dealership technical guy give me an old lever to get me home! I will say that Germany is getting pricey but at least bike talk and honor here is still priceless.

    Plus the wife never found out about my issue, so there were no fireworks with her!
    Bloody hell! So where did it go then? Did it fall off or has someone stolen it or something?

  5. #5
    Baby Twin majorjam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    97
    Quote Originally Posted by Rage Rider View Post
    Bloody hell! So where did it go then? Did it fall off or has someone stolen it or something?
    LOL stolen it think he may have noticed pulling away, unless the thief was really clever and stole it on the move

  6. #6
    pointer rsv
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by majorjam View Post
    LOL stolen it think he may have noticed pulling away, unless the thief was really clever and stole it on the move

  7. #7
    GP Champ AusRSV's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Northern Territory AUSTRALIA
    Posts
    1,781
    Quote Originally Posted by majorjam View Post
    LOL stolen it think he may have noticed pulling away, unless the thief was really clever and stole it on the move
    Legend mate! ... flmao

  8. #8
    Superbike Twin frecheness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Posts
    143
    to clear up the lever issue, it was there when i got on the autobahn and not there less then 10 seconds later, i guess it couldnt take the pressure of being abused anymore and jump off the bike!

  9. #9
    Baby Twin Stickmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Clinton, Indiana USA
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwi_rsvr View Post
    I'm reminded of an old Kenny Rogers song......."You picked a fine time to leave me loose lever"
    ROTFLMAO

  10. #10
    Superbike Twin Rage Rider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Southampton, UK.
    Posts
    166
    Quote Originally Posted by majorjam View Post
    LOL stolen it think he may have noticed pulling away, unless the thief was really clever and stole it on the move
    LOL. Yes that is a very good point although I didn't mean it like that, the fallen off bit was genuine, the stolen it wasn't. I guess dry humour has alot of non-verbal elements inherant within in it in order for it to be understood for what it is. I shall attach a relevant winking smile or something next time to avoid looking like a pillock. doh!

Similar Discussions

  1. Crash bung kit good quality good value????
    By 2TROKE in forum Aprilia RSVR
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: March 18th, 2012, 04:23 AM
  2. Good & Bad
    By heroblob in forum Aprilia RSVR
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: May 22nd, 2008, 12:44 AM
  3. good day
    By chooch in forum Aprilia RSVR
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: May 19th, 2008, 01:12 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •