Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: What PSI should i be using?

  1. #1
    AMA Pit Boss AREESSMILL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Brittany France
    Posts
    2,795

    What PSI should i be using?

    I have a 190 rear section and at the moment ive just checked it using my nex Race X tyre guage and its about 30 psi cold.

    Any suggessions

    Tim

    ps I cant spell suggestions

  2. #2
    amb67
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by AREESSMILL View Post
    I have a 190 rear section and at the moment ive just checked it using my nex Race X tyre guage and its about 30 psi cold.

    Any suggessions

    Tim

    ps I cant spell suggestions
    I'm running 36 front and 42 rear and have no probs at all.

    Start at those settings and see how it feels, a few PSI either side of those initial settings should be right for you.

    PS. I'm running BT016's

    Last edited by amb67; November 10th, 2008 at 12:00 PM. Reason: Dozy fucker syndrome

  3. #3
    AMA Pit Boss Sprocker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Pontefract, W.Yorks
    Posts
    4,335
    I use 33f 36r

  4. #4
    Superbike Twin Rage Rider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Southampton, UK.
    Posts
    166
    Quote Originally Posted by AREESSMILL View Post
    I have a 190 rear section and at the moment ive just checked it using my nex Race X tyre guage and its about 30 psi cold.

    Any suggessions

    Tim

    ps I cant spell suggestions
    What make is it? I'm running 32psi front and 35psi rear on the standard Dunlop Qualifier RR's.

  5. #5
    AMA Pit Boss AREESSMILL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Brittany France
    Posts
    2,795
    Its a Metzler Sportec M1 and dragon Evo on the front

  6. #6
    AMA Pit Boss Sprocker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Pontefract, W.Yorks
    Posts
    4,335
    Quote Originally Posted by AREESSMILL View Post
    its about 30 psi cold.

    Any suggessions

    Tim

    That seems a little low to me for road riding Tim

  7. #7
    AMA Pit Boss AREESSMILL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Brittany France
    Posts
    2,795
    I reckon your right plus the monkey who fitted the rear for me im sure he didnt balance the wheel afterwards, so he can redo it . next itme im thier

  8. #8
    Superbike Twin Rage Rider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Southampton, UK.
    Posts
    166
    Quote Originally Posted by amb67 View Post
    I'm running 36 front and 42 rear and have no probs at all.

    Start at those settings and see how it feels, a few PSI either side of those initial settings should be right for you.

    PS. I'm running BT016's

    Just wondered how you rate the BT016's? I've heard they're pretty good but never heard much about what they're like on Mille's/RSV's.

  9. #9
    A303
    Guest
    36/38 on Pilot Powers (180 rear) works for me. Think the recommended rear is 42 or something around there so 30 sounds way low.

  10. #10
    spoonz
    Guest
    Bt016's will be my next tyre. Everyone i know who has tried them really rates them. A mate has them on an rsv and has put 3k on them and still going. He said it's the first ever set of tyres he has ever had that are wearing quicker on the sides than in the middle.

    I'm gonna give it a whirl.

  11. #11
    Superbike Twin Rage Rider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Southampton, UK.
    Posts
    166
    Quote Originally Posted by spoonz View Post
    Bt016's will be my next tyre. Everyone i know who has tried them really rates them. A mate has them on an rsv and has put 3k on them and still going. He said it's the first ever set of tyres he has ever had that are wearing quicker on the sides than in the middle.

    I'm gonna give it a whirl.
    If that's true dito. I actually quite like the standard Dunlop RR's for grip and feedback etc but they don't seem to be wearing that well and I reckon they'll be finished way before 3k.

  12. #12
    AMA Pit Boss
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Shoeburyness, Essex
    Posts
    2,338
    I use 36F/38R for the road....................

  13. #13
    Superbike Twin TinTin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Gloucester
    Posts
    196
    I'm got BT016's on my Factory, best road tyres i have ever used!! I run a 190/55 on the rear. Keeping its shape, and as Spoonz said, the sides are wearing before the middle!!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •