Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 36

Thread: HELP!! ECU Clicking

  1. #1
    Superbike Twin
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Peterborough
    Posts
    228

    HELP!! ECU Clicking

    just tried to replace the chip in my ecu with the aprilia/Akrapovic chip and now my bike wont start and the ecu keeps clicking away

    Anyone know wtf i have done wrong??

    any help would be much appreciated

  2. #2
    AMA Pit Boss
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Shoeburyness, Essex
    Posts
    2,338
    obvious question(s)...............
    you have put it in round the right way ?
    not damaged any of the pins ?
    plugged both the connectors on the ecu back in ?
    how do you know that the chip was okay ?

  3. #3
    Superbike Twin
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Peterborough
    Posts
    228
    Dont know for sure the chip was ok, recieved it 2day with my akro can, but i broke 1 leg off the old chip so i cant even try putting that back in .... Oh woe is me

    also have EFI flashing on the dash when i turn the key

  4. #4
    amb67
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Olek View Post
    Dont know for sure the chip was ok, recieved it 2day with my akro can, but i broke 1 leg off the old chip so i cant even try putting that back in .... Oh woe is me
    PM DrRossi he'll help you out of this pickle.

    Sounds like a duff EPROM to me if your sure it's fitted the right way.

  5. #5
    Superbike Twin
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Peterborough
    Posts
    228
    Quote Originally Posted by amb67 View Post
    PM DrRossi he'll help you out of this pickle.

    Sounds like a duff EPROM to me if your sure it's fitted the right way.
    Fitted her the same way the old one came out, with the notch at the same end...... biggest problem is im supposed to be going to the ring on the 28th.....

  6. #6
    amb67
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Olek View Post
    Fitted her the same way the old one came out, with the notch at the same end...... biggest problem is im supposed to be going to the ring on the 28th.....
    I'm sure DrRossi can get a replacement to you before then.

    He's quick you know!!

  7. #7
    AMA Pit Boss
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Shoeburyness, Essex
    Posts
    2,338
    pm DrRossi from here pdq, he can do you a new chip and you could have it in 3-5 days.
    Alain will need to know what exhaust and air box setup you have.

  8. #8
    Superbike Twin
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Peterborough
    Posts
    228
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwi_rsvr View Post
    pm DrRossi from here pdq, he can do you a new chip and you could have it in 3-5 days.
    Alain will need to know what exhaust and air box setup you have.

    Titanium akro and a standard airbox now, but thats only until mine arrives from hooked then ill stick the PC3 on at the same time....

  9. #9
    AMA Pit Boss
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Shoeburyness, Essex
    Posts
    2,338
    dont tell me ..............pm DrRossi :-)

    actually dump the pc, the chip will work okay with out it

  10. #10
    Superbike Twin
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Peterborough
    Posts
    228
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwi_rsvr View Post
    dont tell me ..............pm DrRossi :-)

    actually dump the pc, the chip will work okay with out it

    call me a spanner but are you suggesting trying to start the bike with no chip at all??

  11. #11
    AMA Pit Boss
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Shoeburyness, Essex
    Posts
    2,338
    no , my bad !!

    When you get the DrRossi chip (if thats what you are going to do) you wont need the pc as his chips are superior to a standard chip/pc combo

  12. #12
    Superbike Twin
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Peterborough
    Posts
    228
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwi_rsvr View Post
    no , my bad !!

    When you get the DrRossi chip (if thats what you are going to do) you wont need the pc as his chips are superior to a standard chip/pc combo

    so a pc3 would make no odds with a drrossi chip?? hmmmz how much do these bespoke articles cost?? will i have to remortgage the dog??

  13. #13
    One Liter Duc Eater cheesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Rutland, Leics, Midlands
    Posts
    919
    guys

    i think your getting a little confused from what i understand imo

    just because your fitting a bespoke chip doesn't mean it'll be running spot on

    you could take 2 bikes with the same mods and use the chip in each and it'll run differently

    the pc is there to fine tune everything for optimul set-up


    olek, where abouts are you?

  14. #14
    amb67
    Guest
    Your right Cheesy, a custom EPROM from the likes of Gabro and DrRossi will be much better than standard but nowhere near the results you will get from a PC3 with custom map and some Dyno time.




    Quote Originally Posted by cheesy View Post
    guys

    i think your getting a little confused from what i understand imo

    just because your fitting a bespoke chip doesn't mean it'll be running spot on

    you could take 2 bikes with the same mods and use the chip in each and it'll run differently

    the pc is there to fine tune everything for optimul set-up


    olek, where abouts are you?

  15. #15
    Superbike Twin
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Peterborough
    Posts
    228
    Im in peterborough, and since trying to fit the new akro chip it wont even start.......

  16. #16
    One Liter Duc Eater cheesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Rutland, Leics, Midlands
    Posts
    919
    i'm over in oakham

    got a few chips in my collection
    bit busy for few days
    mite be free sat afternon tea time if any use

  17. #17
    Superbike Twin
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Peterborough
    Posts
    228
    Quote Originally Posted by cheesy View Post
    i'm over in oakham

    got a few chips in my collection
    bit busy for few days
    mite be free sat afternon tea time if any use

    would be great, just to hear her start up would bring sunshine into my life right now...
    ill pm you my number and address

  18. #18
    DrRossi
    Guest
    If you have a PC use it , you can customise the fuelling to you're exact setup!!
    If you are planning on buying one, first have a go at a dyno and have a close look at the result and then figure out if there is anything to gain fuelling wise.

    Just my 2 cents

    Olek, send me you're adres, I'll send you a replacement Eprom
    No Worries mate

  19. #19
    One Liter Duc Eater cheesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Rutland, Leics, Midlands
    Posts
    919
    receieved and sorting fella

  20. #20
    A303
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by amb67 View Post
    Your right Cheesy, a custom EPROM from the likes of Gabro and DrRossi will be much better than standard but nowhere near the results you will get from a PC3 with custom map and some Dyno time.
    But Alan, you've ... just sold yours

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Discussions

  1. Bloody clicking noise
    By Egghead in forum Aprilia RSVR
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: December 29th, 2012, 09:07 AM
  2. clicking coming from front end
    By turbopresh in forum Aprilia RSVR
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: September 9th, 2012, 11:21 AM
  3. Clicking and now not starting
    By leenineplus in forum Aprilia RSVR
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: May 29th, 2012, 03:20 PM
  4. Clicking Noise?
    By Garvey2003 in forum Aprilia RSVR
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: January 15th, 2011, 02:05 PM
  5. clicking sound when decelerating ?
    By majorjam in forum Aprilia RSVR
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: July 21st, 2008, 09:37 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •