Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24

Thread: Futura Swinger

  1. #1
    Superbike Twin
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Peterborough
    Posts
    228

    Futura Swinger

    Am I right in thinking that everthing on the futura swinger will just bolt on to a 02 mille ? or are there mods to be carried out?>

  2. #2
    Evil Twin whitetrash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Scumerset
    Posts
    365
    i doubt it would be a straight swap... or you would see a lot more single side RSV's

  3. #3
    A303
    Guest
    Seen it done and don't think there's any major surgery needed - just that there ain't many Futuras about to donate the parts!

  4. #4
    Evil Twin whitetrash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Scumerset
    Posts
    365
    Ooooooooooooooooooh id love a single side swinger on my RSVR!!!!!

    Hold me back!

  5. #5
    One Liter Duc Eater cheesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Rutland, Leics, Midlands
    Posts
    919
    futura arm will bolt straight in


    But there rare as fcuk to find them for sale as complete package

    i've been on the lookout now for months/years

  6. #6
    Superbike Twin
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Peterborough
    Posts
    228
    but hypothetically if i have managed to scrounge a donor swinger...........
    plug and play, pretty much?

    PS: anyone got a futura back wheel

  7. #7
    One Liter Duc Eater cheesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Rutland, Leics, Midlands
    Posts
    919
    Quote Originally Posted by Olek View Post
    but hypothetically if i have managed to scrounge a donor swinger...........
    plug and play, pretty much?

    PS: anyone got a futura back wheel

    yep pretty much matey

    would need to work with the exhast

    Yep they don't come up very often


    there is one common fault that happens, pretty sure due to over tightening of something

  8. #8
    Superbike Twin
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Peterborough
    Posts
    228
    Quote Originally Posted by cheesy View Post
    yep pretty much matey

    would need to work with the exhast

    Yep they don't come up very often


    there is one common fault that happens, pretty sure due to over tightening of something

    have had one offered to me for 150 sheets, everything except the wheel.
    not sure if its a good price tho

  9. #9
    Evil Twin whitetrash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Scumerset
    Posts
    365

  10. #10
    One Liter Duc Eater cheesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Rutland, Leics, Midlands
    Posts
    919
    Very good price
    if ya don't go for it let me know


    I'm sure with a bit of searching you'd be able to source one or a custom wheel/maybe different bike
    never looked into that

  11. #11
    Superbike Twin
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Peterborough
    Posts
    228
    Quote Originally Posted by cheesy View Post
    Very good price
    if ya don't go for it let me know


    I'm sure with a bit of searching you'd be able to source one or a custom wheel/maybe different bike
    never looked into that

    Cheers buddy, looks like the futura wheel is heavy as!!! so will need to search an aftermarket jobbie
    if i dont take it ill be sure to let u know but
    gonna secure it in the morning wiv t'credit card if i change my mind after purchase will offer u first refusal bud

  12. #12
    One Liter Duc Eater cheesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Rutland, Leics, Midlands
    Posts
    919
    Quote Originally Posted by Olek View Post
    Cheers buddy, looks like the futura wheel is heavy as!!! so will need to search an aftermarket jobbie
    if i dont take it ill be sure to let u know but
    gonna secure it in the morning wiv t'credit card if i change my mind after purchase will offer u first refusal bud

    nice one fella

    how is the bike?

  13. #13
    Superbike Twin
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Peterborough
    Posts
    228
    custom map done and throttle bodies synced at dynomax running sweet and raring for a trip to the ring......... 6 days and counting

  14. #14
    One Liter Duc Eater cheesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Rutland, Leics, Midlands
    Posts
    919
    Quote Originally Posted by Olek View Post
    custom map done and throttle bodies synced at dynomax running sweet and raring for a trip to the ring......... 6 days and counting

    top bannana

    what was the figures?
    smooth it out?

  15. #15
    Superbike Twin
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Peterborough
    Posts
    228
    Quote Originally Posted by cheesy View Post
    top bannana

    what was the figures?
    smooth it out?

    Same bhp but running so much smoother now slight torque increase,
    my dyno resembles a curve now rather than a foto of the pyrenees

  16. #16
    One Liter Duc Eater cheesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Rutland, Leics, Midlands
    Posts
    919
    Quote Originally Posted by Olek View Post
    Same bhp but running so much smoother now slight torque increase,
    my dyno resembles a curve now rather than a foto of the pyrenees

    superb

  17. #17
    Superbike Twin
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Peterborough
    Posts
    228
    will keep u posted as you be will the guy i phone when i struggle with the swinger hehe.
    Will try to get some fotos from the ring with the beast, although i will have the passenger seat on for practicality ( week in europe)

  18. #18
    Superbike Twin
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Peterborough
    Posts
    228
    K! on a serious note if anyone hears of a Futura rear wheel up for grabs then send me a pm PLEASE
    The rest is sorted but yet to be fully squared away, but in search of an elusive (and not too costly) rear rim..

    Thanx in advance guys
    Steve

  19. #19
    Superbike Twin
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Peterborough
    Posts
    228
    Picked her up today gonna be busy with her late at night in the garage Will let u guys know how its coming along. anyone with a wheel would be a true hero

  20. #20
    One Liter Duc Eater cheesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Rutland, Leics, Midlands
    Posts
    919
    sweet as fella, might have to come and hold it to ransom


    I've put a post up on the club for you

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Discussions

  1. Futura
    By floakey in forum Aprilia RSVR
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: July 22nd, 2011, 12:30 PM
  2. Futura
    By floakey in forum Aprilia RSVR
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: July 22nd, 2011, 01:18 AM
  3. RST Futura swinging arm
    By Tash in forum Want to Buy
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: January 12th, 2010, 10:15 AM
  4. Futura or Falco???
    By andirsv in forum Motorcycle Talk
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: April 18th, 2009, 03:49 PM
  5. FUTURA Questions
    By federal5186 in forum Aprilia RSVR
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: August 12th, 2007, 03:09 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •