Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 93

Thread: It works it feckin works lads

  1. #21
    A303
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by amb67 View Post
    Well done with sorting out your side stand, can see that Honda side stand prices will shoot up in price shortly. LOL
    Yeah, was wondering why no-one off here had snapped up the one I bought (advertised as whole assembly, off brand new bike) - hope it's the right one!

  2. #22
    AMA Pit Boss AREESSMILL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Brittany France
    Posts
    2,795
    Quote Originally Posted by A303 View Post
    Yeah, was wondering why no-one off here had snapped up the one I bought (advertised as whole assembly, off brand new bike) - hope it's the right one!
    Got a link for it ?

    Ill soon tell you if its the right one M8.

  3. #23
    AMA Pit Boss AREESSMILL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Brittany France
    Posts
    2,795
    That looks ok M8 needs to have the bend in it. so ask him for some more pics just incase.

    Tim

  4. #24
    A303
    Guest
    Cheers Tim - if I give you like link to the one I've already bought, it lets you into my Ebay account!

    It's listed as:
    2006 cbr600rr new side stand assembly
    removed from a new 0mls bike
    hence excellent condition


  5. #25
    danf1234
    Guest
    That looks different to the one on tims bike, as his has a kink in 3/4 of the way up it?

  6. #26
    AMA Pit Boss AREESSMILL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Brittany France
    Posts
    2,795
    It looks the same as mine but its worth asking the seller for some more photos.

  7. #27
    A303
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by AREESSMILL View Post
    Cbr 600/1000 rr from 2004 to i think 2006 or 7
    It better be!
    Already bought and paid for.

  8. #28
    AMA Pit Boss AREESSMILL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Brittany France
    Posts
    2,795
    Here we go!!


    On the CBR owners club they stated that the 600 and 1000 are the same stands I cant say more than that.

    Sometimes I wonder if its not better to just say nothing.

  9. #29
    BB1000
    Guest
    Hopefully it was a joke

  10. #30
    A303
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by AREESSMILL View Post
    Here we go!!


    On the CBR owners club they stated that the 600 and 1000 are the same stands I cant say more than that.

    Sometimes I wonder if its not better to just say nothing.
    Relax Tim, it was a joke and I'm not holding you responsible if it's wrong ... but I can't speak for Omar

  11. #31
    AMA Pit Boss AREESSMILL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Brittany France
    Posts
    2,795
    Quote Originally Posted by A303 View Post
    Relax Tim, it was a joke and I'm not holding you responsible if it's wrong ... but I can't speak for Omar

    No !!

    I hope its gonna work M8 as I did say CBR 600/1000rr,I want it to work for ya

    It looks as if it has a kink in it though although it should slot in anyway.

    I used the OEM switch and bolt that goes through the sidestand.

    I used the srping that came with the CBrs stand, and got it on the hooks by using a Tiewrap around the spring leg and pulling on the wrap until it hooks over ( youll see what i mean)

    Anyway im not scared of Omar simpson

  12. #32
    A303
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by AREESSMILL View Post
    No !!

    I hope its gonna work M8 as I did say CBR 600/1000rr,I want it to work for ya

    It looks as if it has a kink in it though although it should slot in anyway.

    I used the OEM switch and bolt that goes through the sidestand.

    I used the srping that came with the CBrs stand, and got it on the hooks by using a Tiewrap around the spring leg and pulling on the wrap until it hooks over ( youll see what i mean)

    Anyway im not scared of Omar simpson
    We'll see what happens when it arrives - if it does fit then we can start compiling a database of stands that work.
    BTW, you may be edging towards legend status in the world of bike mechanics but you're still crap at computers - fix that bleedin' signature link will ya

  13. #33
    One Liter Duc Eater heroblob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    596
    Quote Originally Posted by AREESSMILL View Post
    No !!

    I hope its gonna work M8 as I did say CBR 600/1000rr,I want it to work for ya

    It looks as if it has a kink in it though although it should slot in anyway.

    I used the OEM switch and bolt that goes through the sidestand.

    I used the srping that came with the CBrs stand, and got it on the hooks by using a Tiewrap around the spring leg and pulling on the wrap until it hooks over ( youll see what i mean)

    Anyway im not scared of Omar simpson
    Did you need to drill a hole in the stand to accept the locating pin for the switch, or does the honda switch fit excactly the same as the aprillia one so already has the hole in the right place.
    Thanks

  14. #34
    AMA Pit Boss AREESSMILL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Brittany France
    Posts
    2,795
    Quote Originally Posted by A303 View Post
    We'll see what happens when it arrives - if it does fit then we can start compiling a database of stands that work.
    BTW, you may be edging towards legend status in the world of bike mechanics but you're still crap at computers - fix that bleedin' signature link will ya
    Not to sure of that M8, it took me 20 minutes to get the fairing back on the other day as I forgot to put the manifold plastic back on

    As far as I can see the honda unit is eactly the same as the ape fittings the only thing that is different is that the fixing plate is 40mm between bolts and the Apes 50mm the switch is exactly the same apart from it having 2 wires not 3, the hole in the sidestand fits perfectly for the switch i didnt have to do anything.



    ps I cant get this fecking signature link to work ill put another signature on.

  15. #35
    One Liter Duc Eater heroblob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    596
    Quote Originally Posted by AREESSMILL View Post
    Not to sure of that M8, it took me 20 minutes to get the fairing back on the other day as I forgot to put the manifold plastic back on

    As far as I can see the honda unit is eactly the same as the ape fittings the only thing that is different is that the fixing plate is 40mm between bolts and the Apes 50mm the switch is exactly the same apart from it having 2 wires not 3, the hole in the sidestand fits perfectly for the switch i didnt have to do anything.



    ps I cant get this fecking signature link to work ill put another signature on.
    Thanks for the fast reply, got my fingers crossed that the stand turns up quickly and that it is not to short and makes the bike lean over too far.

  16. #36
    One Liter Duc Eater heroblob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    596
    Just ordered my second CBR1000RR stand as the f****rs i ordered the first one from have supposedly misplaced it after first emailing me to tell me it was on its way..
    Anyhow the new one is complete with switch as well. Sprocker to let you know the new one was 35 plus the postage. if it doesn't fit a 57 plate i will let you know and you still get first dibs. First time i have ever been burned on e-bay. I didn't realise just how complicated these RSV's where going to be. Mind you i should think myself lucky that i still have it after having the garage ram raided 3 weeks ago.

  17. #37
    A303
    Guest


    Details to follow

  18. #38
    A303
    Guest
    OK, Tim's off the hook and my 01 Mille is now sitting securely on an 2006 CBR600RR sidestand.
    I bought the stand of fleabay for 27 quid delivered and it came with spring, switch, bracket and all.
    Like Tim says it's a straight fit. I used the Mille nut and bolt and the CBR spring.
    When I first fitted it there was quite a lot of play in the stand as the Mille bracket is a little bigger than the CBR stand and doesn't fit as snugly as the original. I refitted with one of the CBR spacers which is really thin but still had to be tapped in with a hammer. I then thought the bike wasn't leaning as much as with my Bubseywoo stand and didn't look so secure so i removed the spacer and left it with some play - my BW stand has been like this for a long while as the head fork has spread under the weight. With the CBR one being a solid fork, it should be fine.
    This gives it a little more lean and you can also pull the stand out a little more with your foot if you're on uneven ground and need a bit more angle.
    Using the old bolt, the Mille sidestand switch bolts straight back on and after the usual couple of minutes of fiddling to get it aligned, the switch works fine.
    The stand now tucks in tighter than before - no bad thing as I occasionally grounded the BW one on track. On the down side the kick tang is closer to the bellypan making it a little bit more tricky to put the stand down - nothing serious though and I'm sure I'll get used to it but I'll probably rub the plastic a bit putting it down.
    Result: it's fine and I'm well pleased.
    The stand was advertised as off a '0 miles bike' and it obviously is - factory light grease layer and no road grime at all, so it looks great.
    I inspected my BW stand and the head has spread, cracking the coating/paint a bit - doesn't look like it's in imminent danger of falling apart though and it's been on a year. It's for sale if anyone's interested

    So big up to Areesmille for this one - top work Tim
    My 600 stand looks a bit different from the 1000 one he's fitted but still works fine.











    Just compared the pics of Tim's and mine and the 1000 looks to reach further out but his bike looks a bit more upright than mine. Should both be fine.
    Last edited by A303; May 27th, 2009 at 06:00 PM.

  19. #39
    AMA Pit Boss AREESSMILL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Brittany France
    Posts
    2,795
    Great News !!

    So Omar isnt coming then?

    I took the spacer out of mine aswell to give it some extra lean.

  20. #40
    A303
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by AREESSMILL View Post
    Great News !!

    So Omar isnt coming then?

    I took the spacer out of mine aswell to give it some extra lean.
    No Tim, he's staying in Baltimore. But a scrap between Omar and Chopper? - that's one ruck I'd like to see.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Discussions

  1. the image works...
    By sledgehammer in forum Aprilia RSVR
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: March 26th, 2012, 01:47 PM
  2. The Image Works
    By TJCorsa in forum Aprilia RSVR
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: November 17th, 2011, 06:40 AM
  3. It only bloody works
    By pompey-pimp in forum Aprilia RSVR
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: September 8th, 2009, 02:36 PM
  4. Works well but !!!!!
    By pstormer in forum Aprilia RSVR
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: April 16th, 2009, 11:13 AM
  5. my rsv again hope it works,not the bike
    By leatherface in forum Pictures
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: May 7th, 2008, 09:37 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •