Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: solenoid prob

  1. #1
    delmonk
    Guest

    solenoid prob

    hi guys,am i doing something wrong but have disconnected battery & fitted new solenoid when i reconnect battery (pos then neg) the dial on the clocks just clicks n moves ever so slightly, any ideas

  2. #2
    AMA Pit Boss
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Shoeburyness, Essex
    Posts
    2,338
    check the 2 30amp fuses also did you disconnect/remove the tip over sensor ?

  3. #3
    delmonk
    Guest
    thanks kiwi ill do that,& no i havent touched the tip over sensor was i supposed to ?

  4. #4
    B o B
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by delmonk View Post
    thanks kiwi ill do that,& no i havent touched the tip over sensor was i supposed to ?
    No you weren't but it is next to the solenoid so I guess Kiwi was thinking along the lines that it may have been disturbed.

    On the wild off-chance that the replacement solenoid is suspect, disconnect it then re-connect the battery and see if the problem still occurs.

  5. #5
    delmonk
    Guest
    hi bob the bike did fall over in my garage doh!have checked fuses ok even put original solenoid back on but soon as i connect the neg to battery the dial just clicks on the clocks

  6. #6
    B o B
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by delmonk View Post
    hi bob the bike did fall over in my garage doh!have checked fuses ok even put original solenoid back on but soon as i connect the neg to battery the dial just clicks on the clocks
    Follow Kiwi's advice and check the tipover sensor. Bet big bucks (Kiwi's bucks of course) on it being that. All you need do it give it a tap or a shake to hear the thing rattle. Job done!

  7. #7
    Evil Twin RSV-TWIN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    491
    ah... interesting... newb question coming up... so if i gets knocked over or falls off side stand... all you do is rattle it to reset it !?

    or does the rattle mean its bust & need new one !?

  8. #8
    AMA Pit Boss
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Shoeburyness, Essex
    Posts
    2,338
    General Rule.

    If it dont rattle its broken
    If it rattles its okay (but make sure its installed the right way up :-)


    Quote Originally Posted by RSV-TWIN View Post
    ah... interesting... newb question coming up... so if i gets knocked over or falls off side stand... all you do is rattle it to reset it !?

    or does the rattle mean its bust & need new one !?

Similar Discussions

  1. poss clutch prob
    By sparky1 in forum Aprilia RSVR
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: July 27th, 2009, 02:16 PM
  2. rev limiter prob i think
    By iank in forum Aprilia RSV4
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: June 2nd, 2009, 08:47 AM
  3. 06 Tuono dash Prob
    By Flick in forum Aprilia RSVR
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: February 26th, 2009, 09:18 AM
  4. Stator prob
    By bad boy in forum Aprilia RSVR
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: November 28th, 2008, 05:28 AM
  5. rear wheel prob !
    By majorjam in forum Aprilia RSVR
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: August 12th, 2008, 01:11 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •