Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 54

Thread: Is anyone willing to swap

  1. #1
    Superbike Twin
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    190

    Is anyone willing to swap

    Their 1 can system for a twin Harris full stainless system (from a 00' Mille R)...dont need standards

    I'm just not keen on 2 cans, I'm in South Glasgow, if not I'll probably sell them and put a 1 can system on

    Last edited by ian1; May 28th, 2012 at 02:28 AM.

  2. #2
    Baby Twin
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    32
    I'd sooooo love that! Only got a Leo Vince single and don't think it's a full system though


  3. #3
    Superbike Twin
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    190
    Even if it's not the full, I'd need the headers anyway, the only reason mine's full is probably because it's the twin setup

    I like yours...but my god it it comes up high lol....I thought mine was high

    I'd also thought about stubying mine...but though, dont be a dick and (maybe) ruin 2 perfectly good Harris cans


    Y'know, it must be me....cause anyone I've met since getting it has said the same as you about the pipes, I must be in a minority that isnt keen on twin cans, well not like that.....I do like the underseat style.......now if I could get that!!
    Last edited by ian1; May 28th, 2012 at 02:49 AM.

  4. #4
    Baby Twin
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    32
    Yeah, thought that'd be the case. It does come up high but when parked up next to a mille with a lower can i far prefer this one.. personal choice i suppose.

    It's in great condition, sounds awesome, is E marked and has a removable baffle, drop me a PM if you wanna chat

  5. #5
    Evil Twin a15cro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Houghton le Spring
    Posts
    434
    I've got a header available if you want to strike a deal

  6. #6
    GP Champ apostrophe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    W Yorks
    Posts
    1,020
    Quote Originally Posted by ian1 View Post
    Their 1 can system for a twin Harris full stainless system (from a 00' Mille R)...dont need standards

    I'm just not keen on 2 cans, I'm in South Glasgow, if not I'll probably sell them and put a 1 can system on
    Won't you have a bit missing from your bellypan (at left rear) if you return to single pipe? It must have some part cut out currently.

    Rob

  7. #7
    Superbike Twin
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    190
    Quote Originally Posted by a15cro View Post
    I've got a header available if you want to strike a deal
    I'll pm Fezza first as he was to the first to reply, and I'll get back to you

    Quote Originally Posted by apostrophe View Post
    Won't you have a bit missing from your bellypan (at left rear) if you return to single pipe? It must have some part cut out currently.

    Rob
    Are you talking about the hole in the fairing below the footpeg

    I'd either just need to live with it or get the dremel out

  8. #8
    GP Champ apostrophe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    W Yorks
    Posts
    1,020
    Quote Originally Posted by ian1 View Post
    Are you talking about the hole in the fairing below the footpeg

    I'd either just need to live with it or get the dremel out
    Yes, there must be some of the bellypan that has been removed when the dual system was installed. I just wondered how neat it was once the pipe is no longer filling the gap.

    Rob

  9. #9
    Superbike Twin
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    190
    I'll try and get a photo later....from what I could see before, the left can comes has to off and the fairing/belly pan needs to be slid to the back to "slide" off the under pipe (for want of a better word lol)

  10. #10
    Superbike Twin
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    190
    Quote Originally Posted by a15cro View Post
    I've got a header available if you want to strike a deal
    Sorry I meant to say before

    I've got a standard system (for mots )....that end can weighs a bloody ton....must be about half the weight of the bike ......so I guess if I could get another single can that's the same diameter of the original link pipe

  11. #11
    GP Champ apostrophe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    W Yorks
    Posts
    1,020
    Quote Originally Posted by ian1 View Post
    I'll try and get a photo later....from what I could see before, the left can comes has to off and the fairing/belly pan needs to be slid to the back to "slide" off the under pipe (for want of a better word lol)
    Ian

    Yes, would be interested to see how much it's been cut. I see you've got nice ?Harris titanium? exhaust hangers too. I think they are the same ones as on mine.

    Rob

  12. #12
    Superbike Twin
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    190
    Why the ?

  13. #13
    GP Champ apostrophe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    W Yorks
    Posts
    1,020
    Quote Originally Posted by ian1 View Post
    Why the ?
    Ian

    I've seen mine close up (strangely enough) and know (from the guy who bought and fitted it) it is a Harris titanium hanger. Yours look like mine but hard to be 100% sure from the distance of the picture. Do you know where they came from?

    Rob

  14. #14
    Superbike Twin
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    190
    Oh ok....everything was on when I got it

  15. #15
    Superbike Twin
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    168
    Are you still looking for a swap by any chance?
    Got an Aprilia Titanium can with chip on mine. No photos but can get some if you like?

  16. #16
    Superbike Twin
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    190
    Yes.....the thing is, you're offering a can, is it worth the same as mine (full system), I like Fezzo's can but it's to high for my liking, and as I said to him, mine's to high awell plus I'm not keen on twin cans unless they're underseat

  17. #17
    GP Champ apostrophe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    W Yorks
    Posts
    1,020
    Quote Originally Posted by ian1 View Post
    Yes.....the thing is, you're offering a can, is it worth the same as mine (full system), I like Fezzo's can but it's to high for my liking, and as I said to him, mine's to high awell plus I'm not keen on twin cans unless they're underseat
    Ian

    Dual systems tend to attract a premium. Have a look on sold items on ebay and the for sale on here and other forums and you'll get an idea of the value of what you have.

    Rob

  18. #18
    Superbike Twin
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    190
    I know....that's why if someone wants to swap (and by all means that I what I want too unless I sell it) they'll probably have to put some cash my way, see what happens though

  19. #19
    Superbike Twin
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    190
    Quote Originally Posted by estranged View Post
    Are you still looking for a swap by any chance?
    Got an Aprilia Titanium can with chip on mine. No photos but can get some if you like?
    Yes if you can (lol)

    I saw Fezza's, looks good, how sticky upy highy is yours

  20. #20
    Superbike Twin
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    190
    Rob here's the left pipe at the fairing




Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Discussions

  1. swap px.
    By CLOUGHIE in forum Want to Buy
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: August 9th, 2012, 02:54 AM
  2. ecu swap or chip swap help info needed
    By mad biff in forum Aprilia RSVR
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: April 23rd, 2012, 08:56 PM
  3. Swappy Swap Swap!
    By Wyn's Dad in forum Classifieds
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: September 18th, 2009, 12:55 PM
  4. can swap
    By paynts in forum Want to Buy
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: June 9th, 2008, 06:09 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •