Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 27 of 27

Thread: Quick action throttle

  1. #21
    sjk
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mattblack View Post
    Is it as easy as it looks?? Do you leave the screws in once the glue has set or take them out ?
    Personaly mate i used 1nch quarter plastic pipe only screwed it with five screws and sanded it down untill it returned well with my mouse. Took 20 minutes and made the bike alot better.

    Its so easy even for a dumb ass gas engineer like me

  2. #22
    mattblack
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sjk View Post
    Personaly mate i used 1nch quarter plastic pipe only screwed it with five screws and sanded it down untill it returned well with my mouse. Took 20 minutes and made the bike alot better.

    Its so easy even for a dumb ass gas engineer like me
    So did you leave the screws in then ? Did you have to adjust anything. Soz for all the quesions but I'm just a dumb ass Plasterer lol

  3. #23
    sjk
    Guest
    yes mate lefted the screws in and just sanded over them. i just adjusted the cables at the throttle bodies , u have to take them off any way so adjust them till it goes fully open and fully closed . simplessss.
    It is easy just sounds harder than it is

  4. #24
    mattblack
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sjk View Post
    yes mate lefted the screws in and just sanded over them. i just adjusted the cables at the throttle bodies , u have to take them off any way so adjust them till it goes fully open and fully closed . simplessss.
    It is easy just sounds harder than it is
    I've took the bar end off and took the pin out of the bar but the nut won't untighten ! I assume I have to remove the nut to take the throttle assembly off the bar

    Soz lads I'm just an out of work plasterer

  5. #25
    sjk
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mattblack View Post
    I've took the bar end off and took the pin out of the bar but the nut won't untighten ! I assume I have to remove the nut to take the throttle assembly off the bar

    Soz lads I'm just an out of work plasterer
    Yes mate undo that nut and remove cables from throttle body end then slid off from handle bar.

    How is your work in nottingham , its weird in leicester either i,m rushed off my feet late nights and weekends then nothing for a week then back to busy . cant plan nothing

  6. #26
    mattblack
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sjk View Post
    Yes mate undo that nut and remove cables from throttle body end then slid off from handle bar.

    How is your work in nottingham , its weird in leicester either i,m rushed off my feet late nights and weekends then nothing for a week then back to busy . cant plan nothing
    Its exactly the same here The only good side is I'm catching up with all the work at home, I'm gettin paid in kind off the Missus

    The nut is on really tight does it unscrew the clockwise or anti ?

  7. #27
    mattblack
    Guest
    God that nut was on tight but I got the bast-rd off How do I adjust the throttle bodies?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Discussions

  1. Quick action throttle
    By mak595 in forum Aprilia RSVR
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: January 5th, 2012, 11:23 AM
  2. quick action throttle
    By camngetit in forum Aprilia RSVR
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: November 6th, 2009, 02:43 PM
  3. quick action throttle
    By sima07 in forum Aprilia RSVR
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: May 16th, 2009, 01:12 AM
  4. Quick action Throttle
    By Bear in forum Aprilia RSVR
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: May 25th, 2008, 02:36 AM
  5. quick action throttle
    By gaz in forum Aprilia RSVR
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: December 31st, 2007, 03:11 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •