Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 53

Thread: Coring cans on 04 onwards models

  1. #21
    Badger
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by I GOT A FACTORY MILLE View Post
    many thanks for the very good and detailed instructions,just one question if i core my cans do i need to remap or will i get away without mate,many thanks for your help.
    If it's not on the latest map 2 get it done, the best option is a PC111 and get a custom map done to suit your bike and mods

  2. #22
    beechy
    Guest
    gotta admit i just tend to buy bikes and ride them as they are (too tight to buy lots of mods). heard the cored cans and they sound so awesome i was wondering how much would getting remap and set up cost?? any ideas??
    secondly i love the sound but can't quantify the actual volume - how likely is it that i'd get pulled riding with them on the road??

  3. #23
    AMA Pit Boss AREESSMILL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Brittany France
    Posts
    2,795
    Can a standard RSV can be cored, you know the large heavy shitey thing they put on as standard.

  4. #24
    Baby Twin 04RSVR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    3
    i have 2 sets i'm going to try this weekend. news at 11.....

  5. #25
    Baby Twin I GOT A FACTORY MILLE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    lancashire uk
    Posts
    37
    hi mate do you know anywhere i can get an alternator for a 04 factory mille

  6. #26
    Baby Twin shaymas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    3
    sweet will try on my factory 2008

  7. #27
    Badger
    Guest
    Any of you guys managed to do them yet then?

  8. #28
    One Liter Duc Eater ukcustombike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Not far from you!
    Posts
    628
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Any of you guys managed to do them yet then?
    hi badger

    Excellent write up mate. Really impressed. I see it was done quite sometime ago well before i was a member of this forum.

    Had my 04 rsv for just over 2 months now, it came fitted with stainless race cans made by the carbon can company. Not the best i know but better than the originals. Not even sure if the bike is set up properly for them.

    Im gutted the bloke i brought the bike from didnt have the originals other wise this would be a perfect little project for me in my dinner break at work (machine shop).

    Im deffo gonna look out for some second hand originals and give it a whirl.

    Thanks for the details description

  9. #29
    Badger
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ukcustombike View Post
    hi badger

    Excellent write up mate. Really impressed. I see it was done quite sometime ago well before i was a member of this forum.

    Had my 04 rsv for just over 2 months now, it came fitted with stainless race cans made by the carbon can company. Not the best i know but better than the originals. Not even sure if the bike is set up properly for them.

    Im gutted the bloke i brought the bike from didnt have the originals other wise this would be a perfect little project for me in my dinner break at work (machine shop).

    Im deffo gonna look out for some second hand originals and give it a whirl.

    Thanks for the details description
    Glad to be of help mate, standard cans can be picked up pretty cheap, but make sure they are from an 04 or 05 model, after i came off my 04 and trashed the cored cans i thought i would just core the standard cans of my 06 bike as it is just for track use (the 04 that is), i discovered the 06 onwards cans do not fit the 04/05 model without a bit of modding.

    Just a quick tip that will maybe save you some hassle

  10. #30
    Baby Twin deadhand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Tustin (Southern California)
    Posts
    21
    Oh, its great timing I saw this thread! I picked up a spare set of stock cans from a friend specifically for this mod. And now I have my instruction manual! Thanks!!

  11. #31
    Baby Twin deadhand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Tustin (Southern California)
    Posts
    21
    Another thought; I'd like to shorten the over all length of the cans. Would that make them too loud?

  12. #32
    Badger
    Guest
    I would personally not make them shorter as it will more than likely affect the performance.

  13. #33
    Baby Twin deadhand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Tustin (Southern California)
    Posts
    21
    I finished the mod a few weeks ago and am very happy with the results. They were too loud at first, but have broken in and quieted down a bit. Still very loud, but I'm not worried about getting pulled over any more.

    I got my perforated cores, adapters, rivets and silent sport muffler packing from Area P in Santa Ana. Total cost was about $170.00

    Excellent write up! I printed it out and used it every step of the way. I left my cats in btw. Oh and had it switched to map 2!

    Here is a clip of before:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmYdbC2tmtc

    Here is a clip after:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KC52G69g8_M
    Last edited by deadhand; April 29th, 2009 at 10:21 AM.

  14. #34
    Badger
    Guest
    Glad to be of help mate, you seem a happy man now

    Funny clips BTW

  15. #35
    Superbike Twin
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Sheffield/Chesterfield
    Posts
    106
    Eyup Badger, I've just bought an 07 Mille R, after owning an 02 Mille for 5 years. I can't afford a decent set of cans yet, so this might be the way to go for me, before I go to the TT. You said the later models have different cans, is that just for fitting, or is the mod different in any way? You also mention going to map 2. On my 02 I just snipped the wire to the ECU, is it the same with the new shaped ones? Also, on the old one, i dropped a tooth on the front sprocket, for the road. Is it summat to do on the new mille's, because mine seems a bit jerky in traffic. Hope I'm not being a pain, but only had bike a month, and although I did loads of mods to the 02 mille,I'd like to know what the best mods are for my 07 mille.
    Cheers,
    Foxy

  16. #36
    Badger
    Guest
    Foxy, i don't think the cans internals are different so the mod should be the same, at the end of the day you are just turning your standard cans into race cans, although they will still be a bit heavier.

    You must get an Aprilia dealer to convert to map2 as it needs an axone to do this job, allow about 30 for this.

    I run 15/43 on my road bike, but i reckon you want to go at least a 15 on the front, this will give you 15/40, depends how much more arm stretching you want, if you want more go with a 42 or 43 on the rear, any more you will need a larger chain.

    The cans are a bit time consuming, but well worth the effort in the end, here is mine fitted to my 04 factory track bike, the picture is on it's side so the bike can get used to it

    http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y61...t=MOV01946.flv

  17. #37
    Baby Twin DAZ5738's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Penpergym, South Wales
    Posts
    67
    I have a set of Blueflame evo cans on mine, which are not the best but they sound awsome....Is this worth doing to my original cans? Would they be alot louder than the Blueflame ones??

  18. #38
    AMA Pit Boss Sprocker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Pontefract, W.Yorks
    Posts
    4,335
    Quote Originally Posted by deadhand View Post
    I finished the mod a few weeks ago and am very happy with the results. They were too loud at first, but have broken in and quieted down a bit. Still very loud, but I'm not worried about getting pulled over any more.

    I got my perforated cores, adapters, rivets and silent sport muffler packing from Area P in Santa Ana. Total cost was about $170.00

    Excellent write up! I printed it out and used it every step of the way. I left my cats in btw. Oh and had it switched to map 2!

    Here is a clip of before:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmYdbC2tmtc

    Here is a clip after:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KC52G69g8_M

    Noooo.... don't fit the DB's they sound great now

  19. #39
    Superbike Twin
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Sheffield/Chesterfield
    Posts
    106
    Thanks for that, Badger. And I agree with Sprocker, they sound ace!

  20. #40
    Badger
    Guest
    glad to be of help peeps

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Discussions

  1. Gen 2: SP MotoGP Cans, PCIII USB, Exhaust Coring Kit
    By alien.46.uk in forum Classifieds
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: May 10th, 2012, 10:56 AM
  2. Coring out standard end cans
    By jurs1979 in forum Aprilia RSVR
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: January 11th, 2012, 12:53 PM
  3. coring cans
    By BIG KEV in forum Aprilia RSVR
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: May 1st, 2009, 09:41 AM
  4. Coring cans on 04 onwards models
    By Badger in forum Aprilia RSVR
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: November 30th, 2007, 11:54 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •