Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: I'm confused????

  1. #1
    AMA Pit Boss andirsv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    West Lothian, Scotland
    Posts
    2,522

    I'm confused????

    Can anyone help me understand this I'm going to upgrade the battery on the Tuono as i'll be using it throughout the winter...........have been advised by Badger to go for the YTZ-14S-BS battery for better cold starting.

    I've found this on ebay.........

    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VARTA-YTZ14S-B...d=p3286.c0.m14

    which descrition is that of the YTZ-14S-BS but when you look at the spec in the ad it says : Battery Capacity [Ah] 11 ??

    Shouldn't this state 14 ah or am i being a dickhead

    Cheers............

  2. #2
    One Liter Duc Eater Deacs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Sunny Oxfordshire
    Posts
    888
    Bud just found this the Ah is Amp hours but I do wonder how the battery number is derived?

  3. #3
    AMA Pit Boss andirsv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    West Lothian, Scotland
    Posts
    2,522
    Quote Originally Posted by Deacs View Post
    Bud just found this the Ah is Amp hours but I do wonder how the battery number is derived?

    Cheers Deacs........it's a strange way of describing them though eh?? So, this IS actually the correwct battery i want then

  4. #4
    AMA Pit Boss AREESSMILL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Brittany France
    Posts
    2,795
    found this andi

    It seems that they are 11 amps

    http://www.mdsbattery.co.uk/shop/pro...ctGroupID=2048

  5. #5
    GP Champ caterpillar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sunny Bournemouth
    Posts
    1,254
    Andi it is the CCA not the Ah on this battery you are after. They are rated at 230CCA. It is the right one. The CCA on normal YTX14 BS is only 120, but yes the AH is 13.5-14. Cold cranking amps are what give the bike the kick, the more the better.

    On a side note, the YTZ14 is smaller to boot and doesn't sit proud of the battery tray

  6. #6
    AMA Pit Boss andirsv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    West Lothian, Scotland
    Posts
    2,522
    Quote Originally Posted by caterpillar View Post
    Andi it is the CCA not the Ah on this battery you are after. They are rated at 230CCA. It is the right one. The CCA on normal YTX14 BS is only 120, but yes the AH is 13.5-14. Cold cranking amps are what give the bike the kick, the more the better.

    On a side note, the YTZ14 is smaller to boot and doesn't sit proud of the battery tray

    That'll do me Cat mate.........thanks for clearing that up!!!

  7. #7
    AMA Pit Boss andirsv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    West Lothian, Scotland
    Posts
    2,522
    Quote Originally Posted by AREESSMILL View Post
    found this andi

    It seems that they are 11 amps

    http://www.mdsbattery.co.uk/shop/pro...ctGroupID=2048

    Strange buddy isn't it?? But as both Caterpillar and Badger recommend this one, that's good enough for me!!!

    Cheer Tim...................

Similar Discussions

  1. Confused.com
    By Moodyman in forum Aprilia RSVR
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: April 1st, 2012, 01:36 AM
  2. Confused
    By TheMadHatter in forum Aprilia RSVR
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: June 29th, 2011, 11:46 AM
  3. very confused
    By Olllie in forum Aprilia RSVR
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: May 24th, 2009, 10:24 PM
  4. Confused.doh!
    By mike_rsv in forum Aprilia RSVR
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: April 22nd, 2009, 03:50 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •